Translate

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

March 7, 2013: Hello, my name is...


I have a feeling that yesterday was probably our last snow day. It was a welcome day off but now I want to hit the downhill slide to the end of the year. There are only so many days of summer break that I want to swap for days off in the middle of winter. This Sunday also brings one of the things that makes me feel like spring is almost here, the time moves forward one hour. I love another hour of daylight in the evening. Pretty soon I will be walking outside instead of on the treadmill, I like the treadmill but there is no substitute for fresh air and sunshine. I always think of my walking as training for Walt Disney World and we are still trying to figure out how and when we can go walk around the world again.




March 7, 1942, Michael Eisner was born in Mount Kisco, New York. Eisner ran The Walt Disney Company from 1984 until 2005 and is greatly responsible for the expansion of the parks and, in particular, the expansion of resorts at the parks. I think that a fitting tribute to Eisner would be a day touring the resorts, I’m not kidding, and it’s fun. Do an ADR at one of the resorts, visit the gift shops, and tour the grounds. We have never stayed at Wilderness Lodge but we have eaten there and we love it. We have eaten at the Polynesian, the Contemporary, and we have visited or stayed at all three All-Star resorts, Pop Century and Art of Animation. You can have a great day, or two, just using Disney transportation to visit all the resorts around the world and you’re not even using a day off your tickets as long as you don’t enter a park.
Not In A Park
Inside the Wilderness Lodge 
A View from the Contemporary
Chef Mickey's: Inside the Contemporary
On the Monorail
 Walking up to Wilderness Lodge from the boat dock
Inside Pop Century
Inside the Polynesian

Taylor Dayne was born Leslie Wunderman on this day in 1962. I used to dj a lot of proms and dances and I played her music quite a bit. In 2001, Dayne played Princess Amneris in Disney’s Aida. As a pop performer she has traveled all over the world and even sang at the House of Blues in Downtown Disney in Orlando. I love the House of Blues, last year was the first time we have even been at Walt Disney World that we did not eat at the House of Blues and it bothered me. I miss my Elwood Sandwich and the Red Beans and Rice. MMMmmmmmmmm. In honor of Taylor Dayne, get to the House of Blues and tear up that spicy chicken sandwich that I love so much (the Red Beans and Rice are only there at certain times).

The House of Blues: also, not in a park.

Today is Nametag Day. Hello my name is… You’ve got the idea. Get one and wear it. Be proud of your name.

March 7th, 1933, the game of “Monopoly” was invented. The game is based in Atlantic City, New Jersey and to honor this time-tested game, let’s visit the Boardwalk at Walt Disney World; all of the fun and none of the organized crime.

The BoardWalk: Also not in a park.

Remember, your best excuse is always: waiting for your dreams to come true.

No comments:

Post a Comment