Translate

Friday, March 29, 2013

March 30, 2013: Hey Gomez, want to see my water bed of nails?


Ahhhhhh… Spring Break. Nothing to do except: my niece Cayla’s wedding, my son’s DeMolay meeting, my daughter Allison’s musical, Smoke on the Mountain, at Kentucky Christian University, my son’s “voluntary tennis practice”, an appointment to sing with our family group. There’s nothing going on, it’s Spring Break. Oh well, normally we’d do all this stuff and work all week. Some time in this week needs to be set aside to just do nothing and rest a bit. That’s why vacations are important, getting away, as long as we are home we are being tugged at by responsibilities that we have in the community. We took one trip to WDW where I locked my phone in the safe and never even checked it the entire trip. I have ten phone calls from work, in the middle of a two-month summer vacation while they knew I was at Disney. Take some time, relax and disconnect.



On this date in 1822, the unified government of Florida was established with William P. Duval from Kentucky as its first Territorial Governor. Spain owed us a huge amount of cash, $5 million in 1821 money, and we took Florida as part of a deal to cancel their debt. Pretty sweet deal I say. I’ve said this several times, visit Florida as well as Walt Disney World. Explore the territory.

“They’re creepy and they’re spooky, mysterious and ooky, they’re all together kooky, the Addams Family.” On this day in 1930, John Astin, Gomez Addams, was born. In addition to being spooky he also has supplied voices for Disney’s Higglytown Heroes and Recess. May I suggest two natural choices to celebrate Astin’s birth, The Haunted Mansion at The Magic Kingdom or The Tower of Terror at Hollywood Studios. Take some time and lose your mind.

It’s Celine Dion’s birthday, she sang “Beauty and the Beast” with Peabo Bryson. Go watch the show at Hollywood Studios.

Warren Beatty was born on this day in 1937. Beatty was Dick Tracy in Dick Tracy. Get a yellow rain coat and hang out on a rainy day at WDW. Some of our best days have been rainy days and I have never been dry when I eat at Chef Mickey’s.



Pierre Lacock was born on this date in 1927 in Huntington, West Virginia. There is a college in Huntington, a famous college, Marshall University, the subject of the movie We are Marshall. And Pierre took the name of the school as his stage name and we know him by his more famous name, Peter Marshall, the host of The Hollywood Squares. So let’s just hit Hollywood Studios again in Marshall’s honor.

Remember, your best excuse is always: waiting for your dreams to come true.

No comments:

Post a Comment