Translate

Monday, March 18, 2013

March 19, 2013: I am proud of my students


Our kids did great at State. Jeremy Webb scored 41 out of 50 and placed 37th in science, Kate Cecil scored 42 out of 50 and placed 13th in Language Arts, Kate also scored 34 out of 50 and placed 53rd in Arts & Humanities and Carrie Jo Cecil scored 44 out of 50 and placed 5th in Language Arts. Carrie Jo becomes out third student to place at state joining Tanner Bowen and Chelsea West. These students, and the entire LMS Academic Team, have given us the best year we’ve had in our Academic Team program. Next year starts, Tuesday, March 26th, 2013.

Carrie Jo Cecil, #5 Language Arts student in the State of Kentucky

Your humble author on the drums at the Hard Rock in Louisville.


Today’s blog is slightly abbreviated due to the late hour and the expectation that I show up to work tomorrow.

Today is National Agriculture Day. The Flower and Garden Festival is in session at EPCOT.

Today is National Chocolate Caramel Day. Goofy’s Candy Company takes care of that one.

March 19th, 1994, the largest omelet in the world, made with 160,000 eggs was prepared in Yokohama, Japan. Two choices here, go to breakfast somewhere on property or visit the Japanese Pavilion.

I cannot sign off with mentioning Bruce Willis’ birthday on this date in 1955. My kids will tell you that I have a brain issue that causes me to automatically watch any movie with Bruce Willis in it. Die Hard is one of my favorite movies and Unbreakable is my absolute favorite superhero movie. To make it even better, Unbreakable, is from the Disney stable so that ties my favorite actor with my favorite place. Go to WDW, let the cast members pamper you, and you’ll feel like a hero too.

Remember, your best excuse is always: waiting for your dreams to come true.


No comments:

Post a Comment