Translate

Thursday, March 21, 2013

March 22, 2013. He's old. Yeah but he's clean.


Today is As Young As You Feel Day. The older I get the more I adhere to such concepts. I also accept: “Age is only a number,” “50 is the new 30,” “I’m growing older but not up” and any other phrase that implies that I am not as old as the calendar says. The truth is I am very happy in my skin, and most of the time I am not as old as I feel. Physically I have aches and pains, diabetes and other issues but, in my mind, I am about 16 and I’m waiting for everyone else to figure that out and revoke my adult card. There is no place any better that you could go to feel younger than you are. Do I have to say it? I will. Walt Disney World, let’s do some more.



Today is also Education and Sharing Day. That’s what my entire life is about, I learn things, and I tell everyone else what I have learned. That’s why I became a teacher. I love to tell people things they do not know or maybe give them a different slant on what they already know. Did you know that there are educational programs at Walt Disney World? I would love to take my kids on a field trip to Disney. Maybe that’s why God has never allowed me to be rich; He knows what I would do with it. I always try to share everything I know and everything I love. Do something cool at WDW that expands your mind a bit, you’ll have fun and be a better person for it.



On this date in 1912, Actor Wilfrid Brambell, who played Paul McCartney’s grandfather in A Hard Day’s Night was born in Dublin, Ireland. I loved him in that movie; in fact I hope I can be a bit like him as I age. Mr. Brambell also portrayed Willie Bannock in Disney's 1964 The Three Lives of Thomasina and Bill Gaye in Disney's 1962 In Search of the Castaways. Enjoy everything the English Pavilion has to offer in honor of Wilfrid.

Remember, your best excuse is always: waiting for your dreams to come true.


No comments:

Post a Comment