Translate

Saturday, January 26, 2013

January 27, 2013: When You Wish Upon A Star.


I am listening to the soundtrack to Wishes as I write this blog. I know things have to change and Wishes was not the fireworks show at The Magic Kingdom on our first trip but I dread the day they change this show. If we don’t have a trip planned when they announce it’s final countdown, I will have to get one planned in a hurry. Wishes is required viewing for every trip. Sometimes we see Tinker Bell and sometimes we don’t. On our last trip we had hurricane weather for a couple of days and high winds for the entire trip so we missed Tink that time but that’s not what really makes the show for me. What kills me about Wishes is when the small child very quietly sings, ”… and all our wishes, will come true.” I guess I’ve got something missing or perhaps a little something extra in my brain because I really believe that we can change the world for the better simply because we want to. Never give up on your wishes and always hold on to your dreams.




January 27, 1832: Charles Lutwidge Dodgson was born in Daresbury, Cheshire, England. Dodgson was a mathematician, photographer and church deacon. Oh, and he also wrote a couple of stories that you might be familiar with, Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking-Glass. Happy Birthday Lewis Carroll. Now, get over to the Magic Kingdom and have a magical moment with Alice and the Mad Hatter whether it is your birthday or your un-birthday.




We love EPCOT and whether it’s just a regular day or a Food and Wine Festival Day, we love Remy, the little chef rat from Ratatouille.  On this day in 1969 comedian, actor and writer Patton Oswalt - the voice of Remy in Disney/Pixar's 2007 Ratatouille - is born in Portsmouth, Virginia. So, visit the World Showcase and the France Pavilion and you may just run into Remy (especially at Monsieur Paul).



It’s National Chocolate Cake Day. I am diabetic and allergic to peanuts. What does that mean? It means that my kids are jealous of me at Walt Disney World because the chef visits our table when we dine and I get custom desserts. Very often my desserts are portable and wrapped so I can take them with me for later. Very often they are chocolate chip cookies or chocolate cake. Who knew a peanut allergy could be a blessing. You might not have a peanut allergy but the chefs at Walt Disney World will accommodate any need you have from a vegan diet to a gluten free menu. Just ask. You have not because you ask not.



On our first trip to Walt Disney World in July 2001, one of our favorite shows was the Tarzan show. Skate boarders, acrobats and a rockin’ band it was awesome. Now I have already said that I hate change but I think that Finding Nemo: The Musical is in the spot that Tarzan was in (correct me if I’m wrong), so we traded one thing we loved for another. Tarzan of the Apes, the first Tarzan film premiered at the Broadway Theater on this date in 1918. You can still find Turk around the Animal Kingdom so all is not lost. Is this water sanitary?

Remember, your best excuse is always: waiting for your dreams to come true.

No comments:

Post a Comment