Translate

Friday, November 9, 2012

November 10, 2012: Sir, It's a matter of honor...


We are definitely entering the holiday season. Happy Thanksgiving will soon give way to Merry Christmas, which will succumb to the cries of Happy New Year. We all have traditions that we keep and I am interested to know what your traditions are. Leave me a comment or send me E-mail and share your traditions. As we move through the season I will share some of our traditions with you, and an unpublished short story that I wrote a few years ago. I hope you’ll visit daily and enjoy the Holiday season with me and ensure that you have an excuse to visit Walt Disney World every day and make it part of your family’s traditions.
Don’t be a grouch, use this excuse to visit the World:

In 1969, “Sesame Street” premieres on PBS TV. I don’t think I should have to explain why this is the perfect excuse but, just in case, “Sesame Street” features the Muppets and the Muppets have a home at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. So get to the studios, go to “Muppets 3-D” and enjoy a show that we never miss and a pre-show that is better than attractions at other parks. In fact, we say this a lot, “Lines and pre-shows at WDW are better than rides other places.”



We like to stay on property at WDW and we have stayed at all the value resorts except Art of Animation, which we did get to visit on our last trip. You can have a wonderful day without leaving your resort. In fact, we generally plan a day where we hang out at the resort and maybe Downtown Disney. So how do the resorts at WDW provide you with an excuse to visit?
In 1908, the first Gideon Bible was place in a hotel room. When you check in, look for The Holy Bible in your room. If there is not one there, ask for one. If you happen to be there on a Sunday, visit the House of Blues and their Gospel Brunch. Great food and Good Gospel Music… you’ll eat so much, you’ll waddle the rest of the day.
When waiting on transportation from the resort, proper headgear is a must!

As most of you know, I am from Kentucky. For many years I served as a clerk of the election at my local voting precinct. And every year when I served, I had to take the following oath:
I do solemnly swear (or affirm, as the case may be) that I will support the Constitution of the United States and the Constitution of this Commonwealth, and be faithful and true to the Commonwealth of Kentucky so long as I continue a citizen thereof, and that I will faithfully execute, to the best of my ability, the office of Secretary of State according to law; and I do further solemnly swear (or affirm) that since the adoption of the present Constitution, I, being a citizen of this State, have not fought a duel with deadly weapons within this State nor out of it, nor have I sent or accepted a challenge to fight a duel with deadly weapons, nor have I acted as second in carrying a challenge, nor aided or assisted any person thus offending, so help me God.

On November 10th, 1801, Kentucky outlawed dueling as a method of solving conflict. How am I going to tie this in with WDW? The Haunted Mansion, of course. Get in your Doom Buggy and pay attention when you go through the Ballroom. Two gentlemen ghosts are engaged in a duel without end. It’s a good thing they are in Florida because in Kentucky they wouldn’t stand a <groan> ghost of a chance.

Remember, your best excuse is always: waiting for your dreams to come true.

No comments:

Post a Comment