Translate

Sunday, October 21, 2012

Up, Up and Away...


I am fortunate. I don’t have to have excuses to visit Walt Disney World. Everyone in my family wants to go to WDW as much as I do. The only thing I actually need is opportunity and funds, both of which have changed over the years. We started going in summer. Our first trip was in late July, after working for weeks on a curriculum alignment document for school that resulted in the extra cash we needed to make the trip. Our second trip was three years later, after saving enough to take a much longer, 8-day, trip, again in July of 2004. Our next trip was in 2006 but this time in October, blessed October, because our school system implemented a fall break. This is when we discovered a fabulous time to travel to WDW, a time of smaller crowds, nicer weather and the glorious Food and Wine Festival. Our family made another WDW trip in October, 2007 and a Disney cruise in October, 2008, Both celebrating our wedding anniversary and then… no more fall break. So we are back to summer, July 2009, July 2011 and July 2012. All under different circumstances, all to one place, all totally different.

Since you’re here maybe you need an excuse to visit Mouse World today.

1797 Andreas-Jacques Garnerin makes the first parachute jump from a balloon in Paris. You can go up in a hot air balloon in Downtown Disney but please… don’t jump.

1975  If you were paying attention yesterday, you might expect this. The Big Red Machine beat the Boston Red Sox in the 1975 World Series four games to three. Go to Casey’s again, you can never go to Casey’s too much or too often.

1979  Go to WDW, just go. On this date in 1975 Walt Disney World welcomes the 100-millionth guest. I was 18 then, it would be 22 years before I made it to the World. Don’t wait that long.



I’m up to date and so are you.

Remember, your best excuse is always: I’m waiting for my dreams to come true.

No comments:

Post a Comment