Translate

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Luke... no really... I'm your step? father...


This is no trick and, for many of us, it’s a treat that makes us wonder, “What is left?” Disney is purchasing Lucasfilms for a reported $4.05 billion. Star Wars has a new permanent home and my Darth Vader / Goofy pin may never be out of date. George Lucas has had a long association with Disney and Star Tours is a favorite (although I can only ride Star Tours once without a break… motion rides get to me, same with Mission Space) but knowing that Disney will have even more access to the Lucasfilm universe. As if that wasn’t enough, I received a text from D23 saying that Disney would produce Star Wars Episode 7.  Let’s sit back and see what happens.

Your excuses for today…

Mount Rushmore is completed on this date in 1941 and my favorite singer, Ian Hunter, name checks the occupants of Mount Rushmore on his latest song, “When I’m President.” So give a little love to George, Thomas, Abraham and Theodore. My choice for this one, The American Adventure in EPCOT. I’m not going to apologize for being patriotic, especially during the election season, and really, go listen to Ian’s song.


It’s Halloween. If you don’t go to the Haunted Mansion or the Tower of Terror on Halloween, what are you thinking?



It’s National Magic Day. This day celebrates professional magic, not only on Halloween Day but also on the anniversary of Harry Houdini’s death in 1926. Houdini is one of my heroes and his biography was probably the first full-length biography I ever read when I was in 7th grade. Just go enjoy the most Magical place on Earth.


Remember, your best reason is always: waiting for your dreams to come true.

No comments:

Post a Comment