Translate

Friday, October 26, 2012

I've come here for an argument. No you haven't. Yes I have.


There are a dozen extra children in my house tonight. My son, Matt, is having a Halloween Party. Matt is 16, and he’s a good kid. I have two good kids, of course Allison, who will be 21 in February, is getting out of the kid phase but, truthfully, they’ll always be my kids. Heck, my mom is 81, I am 51 and I am still her kid. She did for me like I do for mine. I still remember her taking me to see the first “Star Wars” movie because I didn’t have my license yet. Many years later we took mom with us when we went to see “The Phantom Menace.” She had a great nap and hardly snored at all. I can’t say much, “The Pokemon Movie” was my first $5.00 nap at the local Cinemark. Matt, probably five at the time, thought it was a masterpiece.

On to the excuses…

John Cleese is one of my heroes, along with the rest of the Pythons. Cleese always seemed so refined, insanely refined. Completely manic under a veneer of reserved dignity. When he said or did something completely out of place it always seemed even odder because it came from him. He has so many connections with Disney and general coolness and, since it is his birthday, let’s just pick one and run with it. In honor of his narration of the 2011 edition of “Winnie The Pooh” hit the Magic Kingdom and visit Pooh, especially poignant since he also served as Mr. Toad’s lawyer in “The Wind in the Willows.”



1858: Teddy Roosevelt. Plush, buy something plush in honor of the trust busting president. When Teddy refused to killed a bear that was trapped and staked out for his hunting pleasure, the act became a definitive moment in his presidency and led to the creation of the “Teddy Bear.” So get on over to Mouse Gears or World of Disney or the Emporium and load up on plush in honor of Teddy and his bear.

Remember, your best excuse is always: waiting for your dream to come true.


No comments:

Post a Comment