Translate

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Hooowwwwdeeeee...


I love teaching and I love my students. I do not love sharing their diseases. If  you’ve never worked with children, you do not know the joy of feeling their hot, virus or bacteria, laden breath in your face as they say, “Mr. Hammond, I was up all night last night with a 102 fever.” Welllllll, I made it almost 12 weeks this year without getting a major bug but I stayed home today to rest up and hopefully recuperate. Thank God for the Z-pack I’ve had since Monday but I finally had to let my body rest and recover. So, today my students are doing a really cool Periodic Table puzzle that they must solve based on characteristics of elements. Hopefully I’ll get back out tomorrow.  I’ve known several people who fell ill while at WDW, fortunately that has never happened to me besides, I would think I could adjust any day at Disney World to make myself feel better and still have a great time.

Do you need an excuse for having your great time at WDW today?

Minnie Pearl, the great Grand Ole Opry star was born in 1912. On this, the 100th anniversary of her birth, pause to remember a lady that everybody loved because she truly loved everybody. Go visit our own Minnie and the newly refurbished Country Bear Jamboree would be appropriate as well.

1952, the first Dutch edition of “Donald Duck” magazine was published. Maybe you should have breakfast with Donald. Leave your wooden shoes at the house. I really do have wooden shoes but mine are from Belgium.


October is a big month for such observances but let’s not forget that on this day in 1971, Roy Disney dedicated Walt Disney World. The perfect day to visit that bench in Town Square and get a picture with Roy.



Remember, your best excuse is always: waiting for your dreams to come true.

No comments:

Post a Comment