Translate

Thursday, May 30, 2013

May 31, 2013: Go ahead, make my day... at Hollywood Studios


There are predictions of rain and thunderstorms today but that’s okay, all the grass is mown and I can actually clean the inside of the van while it’s storming outside. I am in WDW cleaning mode. When we travel I like the van to start out clean and I like to have the house clean so we come home to less mess and confusion. My wife is not only in cleaning mode but major reorganization mode. I love my wife but any time that she gets in major reorganization mode it ends up in some sort of argument. I just want to state again, I love my wife. In advance, for the third time, I love my wife.

I love my wife.


In 1908, Don Ameche was born in Kenosha, Wisconsin. Don Ameche made a bunch of movies that I really like: Cocoon, Trading Places and Disney’s Homeward Bound: The Incredible Journey (where he supplied the voice of Shadow). Ameche was always very suave and classy and often plied that persona for laughs and fish out of water moments. Since he made a couple of movies with Eddie Murphy, let’s enjoy the Haunted Mansion. I really want to ride the Haunted Mansion, I don’t particularly want to watch The Haunted Mansion but I do want to ride it. Did I mention that, in 2011, we were at The Magic Kingdom when Eddie Murphy was there? We were and that’s all I really have to say about that.



One hundred years later, in 2008, Buzz Lightyear actually goes to infinity and beyond. Buzz served as a member of the crew of the space shuttle Discovery. Buzz’s journey into space tied in with our own journey into Toy Story Midway Mania! The ride opened on the same day that Buzz left the planet. Go to Hollywood Studios and enjoy blasting everything in sight at Midway Mania!



Quickies:

1678: Lady Godiva rode naked through Coventry in a protest of taxes. Now I’m sure that was a TEA Party. Visit the English Pavilion at EPCOT but keep your tax protests a little more family friendly.

 1930: Clint Eastwood was born. Clint had been: Dirty Harry, Blondie, Rusty Yates, The Mayor of Carmel, California, a jazz piano player, political commentator, and more. Hey, he’s in the Great Movie Ride, so ride it.



Remember, your best excuse is always: waiting for your dreams to come true.

No comments:

Post a Comment