Translate

Friday, May 24, 2013

May 25, 2013: It's my wife's birthday and I have 50 reasons not to tell her age.


The first day of summer break is here and it’s also my wife’s birthday. I won’t tell how old Deana is but it starts with a 5 and ends with a 0 and has no digits in between. This is also our 25th year of marriage (October 14) and, not to tell her age but she has been married as long as she was single. And, also in the spirit of not telling her age, at 51 I am only one year older than her, at least until July 7th. “Happy 50th birthday, Deana Jean.” Oops, did I say that out loud?



On this date in 1908, 55 years before my wife was born, Barbara Luddy was born in Great Falls, Montana. Barbara was the voice of Kanga for a bunch of Pooh stuff including The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, the voice of Rover in One Hundred and One Dalmatians, Merryweather in Sleeping Beauty and Lady in Lady and the Tramp. Since it’s my wife’s birthday, let’s celebrate with a romantic dinner at Tony’s in The Magic Kingdom where your wait staff can get Lady and Tramp’s autograph for you.

Nineteen years before my beloved Deana Jean was born, in 1944, Frank Oz was born in Hereford, England. Frank has been a puppeteer, actor and film director. Mr. Oz began his directing career with The Dark Crystal and also directed What about Bob? for Touchstone Pictures. You definitely know Oz’s voice as he is the voice of Fungus in Monsters, Inc., Fozzie Bear, Sam the Eagle, Bert, Grover and, lest we forget, Yoda. My wife, who is one year older than 49 today, loves Muppets 3D, so let’s honor her and Frank Oz by visiting that attraction at Hollywood Studios.

Quickies:

1968: Kevin Heffernan is born. Kevin played Ron Wilson, bus driver, in one of my favorite Disney movies, Sky High. He is five years younger than my wife who was born in 1963.

1936 (which is the same numbers as the year my wife was born, 1963): Tom T. Hall from Olive Hill, Kentucky was born. Tom T. Hall is a classic country singer and songwriter and is basically a local boy. Hall songs include: “Harper Valley, PTA,” “Sneaky Snake,” and “I like Beer.” Let’s visit that old “sneaky snake” Jafar in Fantasmic at Hollywood Studios.



Today is Geek Pride Day. Do you think it’s a coincidence that Deana married me when her birthday is Geek Pride Day? Hey, we’re proud of each other. Go to Innoventions at EPCOT, it’s a geek paradise.



Remember, your best excuse is always: waiting on your dreams to come true.

No comments:

Post a Comment