Translate

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

September 4, 2013: Shana tovah u'metukah. Rosh Hashanah.


Today is Newspaper Carrier Day. Until about two years ago I had always received a newspaper at my home. I think I have joined the great group of Americans who have traded the newspaper for the Internet. I am a news junkie who no longer gets a newspaper. That honestly seems odd to me. I used to work the puzzle, the jumble and the Sudoku every day but I now have versions of these on my iPhone and the rest of the paper had been replaced by various websites. I even read the comics on Yahoo! I wish the best to Newspaper Carriers but I’m not doing much to help. Disney has its own tribute to Newspaper Carriers, Newsies, the movie and Broadway musical. Visit Hollywood Studios where the park is themed to the golden age of newspapers.

Rosh Hashanah begins today at sunset and ends Friday at sunset. The Jewish New Year is celebrated for two days with some great traditional foods (and we are all about food around here).  Shana tovah u’metukah and some honey cake for all celebrants. How do we tie this to Disney? Keeping Kosher? No problem at Disney, the chefs can meet all of your dietary needs. May 5774 be a good year.


In 2001, Tokyo DisneySea opened in Japan. This was Disney’s second theme park in Japan and ninth in the world. The park has seven lands and a nautical theme. It’s on my bucket list. Until then, go to EPCOT and enjoy the Sea area in Future World and the Japan Pavilion in World Showcase.




Remember, your best excuse is always: waiting for your dreams to come true.

No comments:

Post a Comment