Translate

Thursday, September 26, 2013

September 27, 2013: Ancestor Appreciation Day, Happy Birthday Google, Hug A Vegetarian, World Tourism, Sam Adams, Meat Loaf and Gwyneth Paltrow.


Today is Ancestor Appreciation Day. It seems that Asians have a greater appreciation for their elders and ancestors than the rest of us so when I stumbled upon this event I automatically thought of my Chinese and Japanese friends reverence for their ancestors. I have no idea of where this holiday originated but I greatly appreciate the intention of the day and I hope that when I am someone’s far removed ancestor that they will think of me as I think of my own predecessors. To celebrate this day go to EPCOT, visit the British Pavilion and explore your family name / coat of arms. They have a small shop dedicated to just that purpose.

Today is Google’s birthday, for now. It seems that the year and exact date of the establishment of Google is always in flux. At one point a Google employee stated,  “Google’s birthday is what ever day that everyone wants to eat cake.” It seems that, at least for now, that is September 27th. To those who are a Walt Disney World, have a piece of cake and celebrate with Google. It’s not hard to find cake at WDW, trust me.

Let them eat cake.

 Today is Hug a Vegetarian Day. I was a vegetarian for six months. Then, I woke up one morning and said, “Today I eat steak.” I am not a vegetarian today but you could also hug a former vegetarian. We all need a little love. If your taste run toward the veggies, WDW can meet you need to eat from the seed. Just ask the dining people and they can satisfy whatever hunger you have.

Vegetarians eat popcorn don't they?

 This is World Tourism Day. You can tour the world at World Showcase at EPCOT. You can get a good taste of eleven different countries and maybe you might want to travel to the actual country.



Samuel Adams was born on this day in 1722. Sam was a revolutionary rabble-rouser and the Lieutenant Governor of Massachusetts. Thank God for Sam and all those like him. Let’s visit Liberty Square in their honor.


Meat Loaf was born on this day in 1947 in Dallas, Texas. The dramatic rocker has been one of my favorites since “Bat Out of Hell” came out in the late 70’s. It just seems that The Haunted Mansion would be a fitting tribute to Marvin Lee Aday.



Ride the monorail today in honor of Gwyneth Paltrow, 1972, from Los Angeles, California. Paltrow, prominent actress, and, in our corner of the world, Tony Stark’s girlfriend, would fit in perfectly on the Ironmanorail. I doubt it’s still running so just jump on the monorail and pretend.




Remember, your best excuse is always: waiting for your dreams to come true.

No comments:

Post a Comment