Translate

Thursday, February 28, 2013

March 1, 2013: He's a big pig, you can be a big pig too.


It is very possible that I am easily amused, very possible. With that in mind, one of my favorite moments from the history of Saturday Night Live was an episode that featured Ron Howard during the time that Eddie Murphy was on the show. Eddie is interviewing Ron Howard and he looks at him and says, “Which one are you Opie Taylor or Richie Cunningham? If I shaved your moustache off you’d look like Little Opie. Opie Cunningham, Opie Cunningham, Opie Cunningham.” It was awesome. Ron Howard was Opie Taylor on The Andy Griffith Show and Richie Cunningham on Happy Days and he was born on this day in 1954. Howard starred, with his brother Clint, in the Disney film, The Wild Country and directed Disney’s first Touchstone Picture, Splash! To honor Ron Howard, let me suggest the 50’s Prime Time Diner, the atmosphere is perfect for your happy days.




1999, Kali River Rapids and Maharajah Jungle Trek both open in the Asia section of Animal Kingdom. No mystery here, go and enjoy.




I am allergic to peanut butter but it is National Peanut Butter Lover's Day. Before I developed my allergy, I ate cheese and peanut butter crackers every day and I loved Snickers. You can get peanut treats all over WDW but perhaps just as good is the fact that if you make a note of a peanut allergy when you make a dining reservation the chef will come out and talk with you. How cool is that? I have met the chef’s at restaurant all over WDW and they have all been very nice and very helpful.

Today is National Pig Day. We could work in Pumba here but let’s talk about one of my favorite counter service restaurants at WDW and my favorite restaurant at Animal Kingdom, Flame Tree Barbeque. Don’t be chicken, eat like a pig and enjoy a chicken and ribs dinner with enough to eat that you can share it with the birds that also appreciate how good this food is. Go ahead, slop on the sauce, tie on a bib and make like mommy’s little piggy.

Floor it, we're going to Flame Tree!

This is NOT Flame Tree.

Remember, your best excuse is always: waiting for your dreams to come true.


No comments:

Post a Comment