Translate

Sunday, February 24, 2013

February 25, 2013: Care to join me on a three hour tour.


Gilligan’s Island, for the love of Pete, they were on a three hour cruise. They had a ton of stuff, a steamer trunk full of clothes and whatever tech it took to turn a coconut into whatever they needed that episode. Every young man argued over who was prettier, Ginger or Mary Ann and you’d have to be a goon like Gilligan to not try something with two hot chicks on a desert island. The absolute oddest characters on the show were Thurston Howell III and his wife Lovey. Thurston was played by the great Jim Backus who was born on this day in 1913 in Cleveland, Ohio. In addition to the iconic Thurston Howell he also played the confused, myopic Mr. Magoo, who stumbled through any number of obstacles. But do you remember him in Pete’s Dragon or Now You See Him, Now You Don’t. Let’s remember Jim Backus but staying at the Magic Kingdom until closing time for the parade and the float of Elliott from Pete’s Dragon.



Today is National Chili Day. Chili has no beans, I do like a little chocolate in my chili and sometimes I even like Chili Verde. What I don’t like is that Chili Willi’s in Huntington has closed. Chili Willi’s was my favorite restaurant in the world. That’s right, in the world. Have I told you I hate change? I know everything has to change but I love things that you can count on year after year, like Casey’s. We love Casey’s hot dogs but they have chili too. Chili, CHILI… for a snack credit. Go Now.

Today is National Chocolate Covered Nuts Day. Everything is better with chocolate on it. I’m allergic to peanuts but not tree nuts so I guess I’d better stick with almonds or cashews. Chocolate covered stuff goes soft fact in warm Florida weather, so that becomes your excuse to eat your chocolate and eat it fast… then eat it again.

Remember, your best excuse is always: waiting for your dreams to come true.

No comments:

Post a Comment