Translate

Monday, December 3, 2012

December 4, 2012: Cookie Tron



Yesterday was our annual Christmas dinner at Louisa Middle School. The assembled staff was happy and a good time was had by all. Our favorite Christmas activity, exchanging and then rearranging Christmas ornaments, was fun as always with no one becoming vindictive, at least not really vindictive.  Our academic team has two meets left, one today at Fairview, one next week at Raceland. After that, it’s District at home in January.

Cooookieeeeee… it’s National Cookie Day. Woo Hoo! You don’t have to go to Walt Disney World to get a cookie but everything tastes better at Walt Disney World. I am a diabetic and I have a peanut allergy, so many of the restaurants at WDW bring me special desserts. One of my favorites was cookies from Hollywood and Vine in the Hollywood Studios. There were two packages of cookies, two cookies in each package, I ate one and saved one for later. How can it get better than that?



Today is Jeff Bridges’ birthday. In 1949 he came into the world and in 1982 he left this world for the world of Tron. I liked Tron but when I watched it again before we went to see the sequel, it didn’t feel like it aged particularly well. I actually enjoyed the sequel over the original. I hope I’m not destroying anyone’s favorite cinematic memory here. If I am, then go to EPCOT and get over it by riding Test Track or, as it has been recently nicknamed, Tron Track. I am curious to see how the refurb has changed one of my favorite attractions. If you ride it let me know.



Remember, your best excuse is always: waiting for your dreams to come true.

No comments:

Post a Comment