Translate

Monday, July 29, 2013

July 30, 2013: Cheesecake Day, Father-in-law Day, Henry Ford


Today is Cheesecake Day. Cheesecake is evil, delicious, delicious evil. I have to be careful with cheesecake. I found out that some cheesecake crusts have peanuts in them. Be careful out there. If you don’t have any such problems then enjoy your cheesecake but enjoy it in moderation, all things in moderation. You can get cheesecake all over Walt Disney World, table service or counter service and, if you go to Pop Century Resort, you can get tie-dyed cheesecake. It’s good.



Today is Father-in-Law Day. I have a father-in-law, and a pretty good one at that. I hope to be a father-in-law some day. I’m actually amazed that I’m still walking around. I’d like to walk around another 20 or 30 years. I’d like the chance to be a grandfather as well but I’d prefer to be a father-in-law first. Walt was a father-in-law, in fact his son-in-law ran Disney at one time. See what a father-in-law can do. Visit Walt, and Mickey, at the Magic Kingdom or even better, visit your own father-in-law.



My favorite female singer is Kate Bush. I have been listening to her music since 1979. Her music is wonderful, but a bit of an acquired taste for Americans. Bush remains an important and respected performer in Great Britain with lesser success here in the states. Bush produces intensely personal music that has matured with her. At one point, Kate penned a song to be included in the movie Dinosaur. The song did not make the final production but we can still ride Dinosaur, Countdown to Extinction, to honor an exceptional talent.



Lisa Kudrow was born on this day in 1963 in Encino, California. Kudrow is famous for the role of Phoebe Buffay on Friends. Lisa also provided the voice of Aphrodite for Hercules: The Animated Series. I wish there was more Hercules related material at Walt Disney World but Meg at Phantasmic has been about it and she wasn’t part of the show on our last visit. Sorry.

Henry Ford was born on this date in 1863 in Dearborn Township, Michigan. We all know the contributions that he made to mass-produce the automobile.  Ford’s contribution is obvious when you look around at the size of the parking lots at Walt Disney World. Don’t forget where your car is.



Remember, your best excuse is always: waiting for your dreams to come true.

No comments:

Post a Comment