Translate

Saturday, October 12, 2013

October 13, 2013: Day 365


365

Today is day 365. One year ago I started this blog of 365 Disney excuses and, as you know if you are a regular reader, we have had over 1500 excuses and 17,000 hits. More than I would have ever thought possible. I want to thank all the readers as we wind up this year and ask this question: Do you want more? Drop me a line at bxhamm01@bellsouth.net or leave a comment in the comment section.

Also, I would like to mention, where I get my information. First, my head, in 52 years I have accumulated a lot of knowledge, some of which I am sure of and some of which I have convinced myself of. Second, www.brownielocks.com, these folks have a huge archive of daily celebrations. Third, http://thisdayindisneyhistory.homestead.com, this site is an exhaustive source of daily events in Disney history. Fourth, www.todayinhistory.com, events, births and deaths, assembled in numbers beyond your belief. Finally, my original tool that I have used for years in my classroom, The Teacher’s Calendar by the Editors of Chase’s Calendar of Events has been a go to resource that I share with my eighth-grade students as well as readers of this blog.

Today is English Language Day. No matter what language you speak you can get assistance at Walt Disney World. There are people employed from all over the planet and they can speak your language and help you out.

On this day in 1962, Kelly Preston was born in Honolulu, Hawaii. Jerry Maguire, Cat in the Hat and in our little corner of the world, Sky High as Josie Stronghold. Sky High is one of my favorite Disney movies (along with Meet the Robinsons). I know that Disney owns Marvel now, and that Marvel heroes cannot be in Walt Disney World due to contracts with Universal, but there is an entire stable of heroes in Sky High that could be in the parks. I’m just sayin’. Hopefully we will have a hero park or heroes in the park some day, in the meantime search for Avatar, coming to Disney’s Animal Kingdom.

Finally on this date in 1947 Sammy Hagar was born in Monterey, California. Sammy was the lead singer of Montrose, his own band, Van Halen and now the Waboritas. Let’s ride one of our favorites, The Rock ‘N’ Roller Coaster at Hollywood Studios or go to the Mexico Pavilion at EPCOT and enjoy a sample of the agave inside the stepped pyramid.



Remember, your best excuse is always: waiting for your dreams to come true.

No comments:

Post a Comment