Translate

Thursday, August 1, 2013

R. I. P. Earl Dean Hayes 1939 - 2013


I actually avoided writing this for the last two days. Today is the first day of classes for students in Lawrence County, Kentucky but not for our children and us. My wife, Deana, my sisters-in-law, Kemra and Angela and I are all teachers in Lawrence County but our new school year does not start until Monday.

Wednesday afternoon we found my father-in-law, Earl Dean Hayes, lying beside The Singing Hayes Family tour bus. He died from a pulmonary embolism. Visitation is today from Noon until 10 PM, services are tomorrow at 11 AM, both at Belle’s Chapel Free Will Baptist Church. It is hard to say goodbye, not because we feel sorry for Earl, but because we don’t want to give him up. God has seen fit to take him home and we will miss him so.



 In 2008, my wife's brother, Norman, passed away and the next year we took his widow, Tonya, to Walt Disney World. She loved it so much that she went with us again in 2011. I don't know if Deloris would think about going with us but it would be a good thing if she would.

Remember, your best excuse is always: waiting for your dreams to come true.

No comments:

Post a Comment