Translate

Saturday, June 15, 2013

June 16, 2013: Happy Father's Day.


Today is Father’s Day. My father died in September of 1982. Dad was 54 years old. I still miss him. On July 7, I will be 52 and I have been walking, trying to get in better shape because I want to live to see grandchildren and graduations and maybe enjoy a little retirement time. Dad never got to retire even though he had 36 years service with CSX / Chessie System / C&O and B&O. Being a Dad is a wonderful, but sometimes thankless, thing. Take time today to thank your dad, or remember your dad, and express your love in some small way. He already knows but it’s nice to hear it sometimes.

My Dad's senior picture as a member of the last graduating class of Clifford High School.


On this day in 1955, Laurie Metcalf, one my favorite voices from one of my favorite movies was born. Laurie is the voice of Lucille Krunklehorn in Meet the Robinsons (“Bake those cookies Lucille.”). Metcalf also is the voice of Andy’s Mom in all the Toy Story movies and the voice of Sarah in Treasure Planet. You may also remember her as Rosanne’s sister, Jackie. Let’s go to EPCOT and visit Innoventions, a place where the Robinsons would have felt right at home.



This one should make my wife very happy. Deana loves Winnie-the-Pooh and, on this date in 1961, Walt Disney purchased the film rights to the Winnie-the-Pooh stories from Mrs. Daphne Milne, the widow of author A. A. Milne. Five years later the first Pooh story, Winnie the Pooh and the Honey Tree, was released. Pooh and Tigger are about, just look for them.



Remember, your best excuse is always: waiting for your dreams to come true.

No comments:

Post a Comment