Translate

Friday, April 26, 2013

April 27, 2013: Zoinks!


I am really sick and I have been for the last two days. I don’t know if the salads I ate for lunch the last two days are the cause or just a coincidence but I am beginning to believe that lettuce equals death. It is 12:25 as I start writing this blog because I slept about three hours and then went to pick up Matt at tennis. I will do my best to produce a wonderful set of excuses for you today if you will agree to pray for me as I deejay the eighth grade dance at Louisa Middle School tonight. Okay? We’re all in this together.

On this day in 1822, Ulysses S. (Hiram) Grant was born in Point Pleasant, Ohio between Portsmouth, Ohio and Cincinnati. I always associate Grant with Portsmouth because a bridge there bears his name. Grant was hugely important in winning the American Civil War and he went on to serve as the eighteenth President of the United States. You know where we’re going: The Hall of Presidents at The Magic Kingdom.



I always loved Quantum Leap, which featured Scott Bakula and Dean Stockwell. There would have been no Dean Stockwell without Harry Stockwell, his father, born on this date in 1902. In 1937, Harry was the singing voice of the Prince in Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs. Man, I miss Snow White’s Scary Adventure but soon we’ll have the Seven Dwarfs’ Mine Ride. In the meantime, let’s go to Akershus for breakfast and meet Snow White there. Hey, you can never eat at Akershus too many times.



Every Sunday afternoon of my childhood I tuned my radio to WKEE radio in Huntington, West Virginia to listen to American Top 40 with Casey Kasem. Casey was counting them down and sending those long distance dedications. Not only that but Casey was also the voice of Shaggy on Scooby Doo and the voice of Robin on the Superfriends. In 1969, he did a set of commercials promoting the debut of The Haunted Mansion at Disneyland. Let’s go ride The Haunted Mansion and keep reaching for the stars.



Remember, your best excuse is always: waiting for your dreams to come true.

No comments:

Post a Comment